Gate of Heaven Cemetery is seeking a full-time Equipment Mechanic to perform both heavy and light duty equipment repairs, welding and basic auto repair. Candidate must have the ability to estimate repairs, locate parts, machine parts when unavailable, and keep the equipment running. Must have the ability to develop and adhere to a regular maintenance schedule for all equipment. Candidate is also responsible for maintenance and repair or scheduling of repair of all physical facilities on cemetery property and expected to work without close supervision. On the occasion when extra hands are needed on other than mechanic-related projects, the candidate must be willing to assist other teams.
- Minimum of five years of mechanic experience required; mechanic certificate or degree program preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history required
- Must be able to operate heavy and light duty, motorized equipment
- Must be able to work as a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and visiting families
- Cemetery work experience is a plus
Full benefit package, including health and dental benefits, 401(k) savings plan and uniforms.
To apply for this position, please upload your resume online or feel free to email your resume to Rob Brock, Superintendent, at email@example.com or stop in the office and fill out an application. We will respond to all inquiries. Deadline is October 26, 2018.